“Welcome to your official home away from home!!”
The Stay Africa! Volunteer House is located in Cape Town’s most bohemian suburb, Observatory! Affectionately called “Obz” by the locals, this suburb is the home of the oldest South African Astronomical Observatory, hence the name.
It’s an arty district that is home to a huge melting pot of various people, sights, sounds, tastes and cultures! The area is also located very close to the University of Cape Town and therefore is also home to many local and international students. The main entertainment area is centered around Lower Main Road – during the day, you’ll easily find yourself in one of the amazing little boutique shops, restaurants, coffee shops or cafes, meeting and chatting with the locals. As the sun goes down, Obz really comes alive! The music and lights of the various bars, clubs, pubs, pool halls, restaurants, etc. provide an awesome nightlife!
The Stay Africa! Volunteer House provides a clean, comfortable, safe and secure living-environment for all our volunteers – the house is strictly used for our program participants and not open to members of the public.
Our house boasts the following amenities for your comfort and safety:
- Backpacker-style dorm rooms sleeping between 4 – 8 per room
- Lockers are provided to keep valuables safe (please provide your own padlock)
- Strictly controlled access (all gates fitted with electronic keypad access)
- 2 TV Rooms / Lounges with full cable TV (various movie, sport & music channels)
- 2 fully-equipped kitchens (fridge, stove, microwave, kettle, cutlery, crockery, etc.)
- Communal Showers and Toilets
- Indoor and Outdoor braai/barbecue facilities
- Pool Table, Table-Tennis table and dart-board.
- Hi-Speed Wi-Fi (vouchers can be purchased at R100 for 4GB of data)
- On-site Hostel manager and daily cleaning staff
- Meals: Breakfast and Dinner included from Mon-Fri (lunch and weekend meals not provided)
*You are guaranteed to make friends for a lifetime, while living here!
“We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan.