ANIMAL RESCUE & REHABILITATION:
Volunteer at a facility that rescues abandoned and abused domestic animals, and helps rehabilitate them in the hope of finding them a new loving home.
This facility works towards the rescue and rehabilitation of animals in need, within a local community located just outside Cape Town city centre. The residents of this community live in extreme poverty, well below the poverty line, and this has resulted in a huge problem with stray animals/pets in the area! Due to the tough economic and social situation in this area, these animals are often neglected and left to fend for themselves, often resulting in starvation and/or sickness.
Because of this ever-growing problem in the area, this animal rescue centre was established. The centre is a pro-life (everything is done to cure the animals instead of putting them down), non-profit organisation that rescues, cares for, and sterilizes stray dogs and cats, with the hope of eventually finding new loving homes for them. Due to financial constraints, the centre is only able to employ a handful of staff – they are therefore heavily dependent on volunteer help and donations.
- Feed and play with the animals
- Assist with rehabilitation techniques (getting them used to loving/caring people again)
- Cleaning animal houses and kennels
- Walk the dogs that are close to full recovery
- Work on fundraising initiatives and events
*Time spent with the adorable puppies is always a firm favourite with volunteers
08:00 – 15:00 (Mon-Fri)
Host Family (3 meals per day + transport to/from project included). Our Volunteer House is not available for this project choice, as it’s too far and too expensive to travel everyday…
- Placement in a suitable project and accommodation
- Placement inventory information prior to arrival in South Africa
- Transfer from the airport to the StayAfrica Volunteer house
- Dormitory accommodation for 1 night during Orientation
- Transfer to StayAfrica office for Orientation
- Orientation Programme, including Welcome Session and Orientation Session
- Meals and accommodation at Host Family
- Assistance with Bookings for tours and activities
- 24-hour support whilst in Cape Town
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Flights and Insurance
- Meals during Orientation days
- Lunch during the week and Meals over weekends for volunteers placed at the Volunteer House
- Evening activities
- Transport to and from the City and to and from projects
- Airport shuttle back to the airport after completion of Programme
- Additional cost for special dietary requirements
- Visa (if applicable)
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller